2.0240 - CuZn15 - C23000 sheet, strip, pipe
Supplier — AvekGlob company — offers at reasonable prices from the manufacturer sheet, tape, pipe, made of brass CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240). The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to any address specified by the consumer /
Copper-zinc alloy of the brand CuZn15 (the nearest analogues are C23000, 2.0240) — brass, which has good corrosion resistance, sufficient hardness, corrosion resistance and attractive appearance (golden color). The alloy CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240) is highly plastic, and can undergo cold forming to a significant degree of deformation without loss of strength. To change the mechanical parameters, structure and hardness, brass can be heat treated.
Urgency of application
Typical applications: contacts and connectors in the electrical industry (the material is characterized by good electrical conductivity), general mechanical engineering, sanitary fittings, decorative building elements of buildings and structures, defense industry (sleeves) and other industries. Of the brass of the brand CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240), in particular, the valves of hydraulic plants, locking fittings and other parts that operate in corrosive media, medium-weighted plain bearings. This brass can be used in the watch industry and for making jewelry.
The composition of brass CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240) in accordance with the technical requirements of the standard DIN EN 17660, includes:
Copper (84… 66%);
Zinc (14… 15%);
Impurities (bismuth, aluminum, tin, with a total content of not more than 0.1%).
Physical and mechanical properties
- density, kg / m 3 — 8750;
- melting point, 0 С — 915… 965;
- coefficient of thermal expansion in the temperature range 20… 300 0 С, μm / deg — 18,5;
- coefficient of thermal conductivity at room temperature, W / mdg — 159;
- hardness in Brinell, HB — 60… 170 (respectively for soft and hard brass);
- limit of temporary resistance, MPa — 260… 560 (respectively, for soft and hard brass);
- yield strength, MPa — 100… 180 (respectively, for soft and hard brass);
- modulus of elasticity, GPa — 122;
- permissible tensile elongation,% — 45… 4 (respectively, for soft and hard brass).
Assortment and application features
Sheet, tape, brass pipe of the brand CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240) are produced in a wide range of sizes, cross-sectional areas and length. Mechanical machinability of the alloy — limited, weldability and solderability — good. Hot stamping of this brass is not recommended.
Supplier — the company AvekGlob — offers to purchase a sheet, tape or pipe, which are made of low-alloy brass of the brand CuZn15 (C23000, 2.0240). Products can be bought at a price formed on the basis of European and world standards of production. Implementation is possible in bulk and retail, for regular customers, a flexible system of discounts operates.